Redeeming Beauty in the Home


My theme this year is Redeeming Beauty in the Home. As I began to ponder why I was given this topic and what on earth I thought about it, I prayerfully took my thoughts and questions to the Lord.

Yes it’s true. I enjoy beautiful things. I’m a shopper. It’s my favorite exercise. The mall is where you’ll find me when I’m in need of an outing.  I appreciate…

Colors that match just so…

Patterns that compliment each other…

Surprise accessories that spur conversation...

A gorgeous GAUDY mirror over an antique buffet…

My eyes crave balance. Variety delights me. My hands reach for opposing textures like the feel of a cool leather sofa topped with plush, over-stuffed pillows lined with the perfect fringe.

Beauty. I get it.

I enjoy clothes that highlight the curves and hide the flaws…

Shoes that top off an outfit…

The perfect necklace…

Earrings that sparkle…

Yes. I get it.

But when I sat down to write my first blog post on Redeeming Beauty in the Home, none of those things surfaced in my mind. Not one.

Read the rest of the story HERE.