YOU are Valuable - Post 1

YOU are Valuable
www.thepalmproject.org
By: Madeleine Bonin

 Struggling with knowing WHO you are


I’ve been in a place before where I wasn’t happy with ME. I wanted to be like everyone else. But God didn’t make me to be like anyone else. God didn’t make YOU to be like anyone else. You, dear, are a precious jewel. 

Before the beginning of time, you were known by God himself.

“For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.”
(Psalm 139:13-16 ESV)


It can be hard to see yourself as valuable. Sometime’s we compare ourselves to the culture’s standards of what we should be, what she would look like, how much money we should have, etc. Comparing yourself to the world will rip you up inside. 

{It did me}

Or maybe you’ve been picked on, kicked around, and bruised up by rude comments or hurtful people. But, that doesn’t mean you are not valuable. In fact, it makes you unique. It hurts, yes. Sometimes, it feels like the end of the world, yes. But it isn’t. With your Creator, you are stronger than your weakest moment. Rising above your pain, you can pull someone else up with you. Impacting the world for good.

You are special because you are YOU.  You were created by Jesus to look exactly the way you look, to talk the way you talk, to have the personality you have, and to be in the family you are in. Stop trying to be someone else. 

“We are not on the earth not merely as the result of a biological process, but by the direct action of God, our Creator. That fact has to be the overwhelming reality of our life because that means our existence is not an accident of birth but the plan of God. The psalmist knew that as he wrote: ‘I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well’ (Psalm 139:14 )” 1

1 - http://www.northamptonpres.com/templates/System/details.asp?id=45332&PID=660944

Take Action:

This week list in your journal list everything that is unique about you; even the things you do not like. And thank God for each of these things.