Day 6- Don’t Multi-task

I decided to blanket train my ten-month-old while writing today’s entry. It didn’t go so well. In fact, it took me ten minutes to realize writing and child training don’t make good companions. After setting my laptop down three times before completing one coherent thought, I aborted the blanket-training mission and set the little explorer free. Now my toddler’s toys lay abandoned while she commences to eat the books in the basket by my chair. The life lesson I gather from this is that multi tasking is not always a productive choice and my writing needs to take place while she sleeps. Another multi tasking combo that can be disastrous is eating and watching a show at the same time. Don’t do it. You will mindlessly eat enough for three people and regret it later.

Do you struggle with mindless eating? 

Physical Challenge: Read food labels. An extra 100 calories a day for one year can pack an added ten pounds on your body. That is just a big bite or two! Stay aware of how much you put into your mouth.

Spiritual Challenge: Memorize and meditate on Colossians 3:20, “Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord and not for men.”