Choosing to See

Choosing to See
It’s been an unusual 10 days… I’ve been in two car accidents and have had a head ache, sore, throat and raw nose for most of the week, so when Troy came home from work yesterday and found me sitting on the couch surrounded by dozens of wadded up tissues bawling my eyes out, he was afraid to ask the question, “What’s wrong now?” But in his heroic bravery he dared…And all I could do was point to the cover of the book I had received earlier in the day from the good ole UPS guy.
Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman is not just the story about the Chapman’s precious little daughter that was accidentally killed by their teenage son in their driveway, but it is a story about God’s goodness and His unending faithfulness to His children. Mary Beth doesn’t hide anything. She is open and honest about her struggles and her weaknesses on her journey with the Lord. Her honesty and Steven’s commitment to her and the Lord is refreshing and inspiring. My girls found me laughing so hard that tears were once again streaming my face while I was reading the book today. This probably was not the best week for me to read a book with so many emotional swings, but I did and I highly recommend it. Just get some tissue if you are prone to cry.